Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thing 18 --Facebook and MySpace

I suppose the longest journey starts with a single step, but I look at the ACLD site and some of the other library sites... it's like we have the site because it's the going thing, not because we have any real enthusiasm for the task. These sites are not something that really interests me though, so maybe I'm missing the point For something to grab my attention it needs to be really clever or quite funny or both. Otherwise it's too much like homework: it's gotta be done, but given my druthers....

I did like the advice regarding using these sites professionally. It seems like it would apply in general. Be careful what you put out there, because who knows where it will end up? I did try to create a facebook page for Superman, but apparently revealing his identity is prohibited. If only they looked after all of us so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment