Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing 20 -- Books 2.0

This thing has an amazing amount of information. I liked the way BookBrowse was laid out and the kind of information, reviews, discussion, whole books that are available and I supposed the part that costs money is good too, but I'm not paying for it!
What do I read Next was a site that I have used before, but I haven't tried it for awhile. I put the "The Stand" as a search and got a lot more Stephen King as suggestions (no big help or surprise there) but did get a suggestion for "Swan Song" which sounds like an A+ and on the nosey.
I do think that sooner or later, Kindle-type books will check out of our library, but the first time someone has to pay for one, stand back!! Yaaaa!!
BookLamp seemed pretty limited -- maybe thery haven't been at it very long. They mostly had science fiction titles.
As far as Books on your Phone goes: My cell phone stays in my car and it is for calls that I absolutely have to make. Not a big phone person at this juncture, but who knows?
Swimbooks -- I'm not a student, but the textbook rental would appeal to me if I was.
I liked the themed booklist of Overbooked; it had some good suggestions under such themes as vampires and history.

No comments:

Post a Comment